Given the recent outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), many people are unable to attend regularly scheduled medical appointments like physical therapy. In addition, the shut-down of local gyms and fitness facilities limits options for exercise to prevent physical decline and subsequent health issues. Those that experience the onset of new musculoskeletal pain are flooding local emergency rooms and doctors’ offices for conditions that could be effectively triaged by a physical therapist with direct access, further slowing access to care for those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Fortunately, Lakeshore Physical Therapy is here to help, and has implemented a plan to combat the spread of COVID-19!
Steps we are taking to ensure the safety and health of all staff and patients:
- Spacing out all appointment times to allow extra time between patients for cleaning
- Continued one-on-one private treatment sessions with increased use of the larger club spaces
- Requiring all staff and patients to wear protective masks during treatment sessions
- Continuing the use of medical grade cleaner for all treatment tables, exercise equipment, and contacted surfaces
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitation
- Requiring staff hand washing before and after care
- Hand sanitizer available for every patient
- Use of COVID-19 screening questionnaire for all patients
Our doors are open and we are here for you during this time! We are currently taking new patients that meet the COVID-19 screening requirements. We also have multiple treatment options to meet your comfort level at this time. Those options include both in-person treatment sessions and web-based telehealth appointments using the digital platform Doxy.me.
We are all in this together and want to continue to provide the same quality one-on-one care we are known for! Please let us know how we can better serve you during this time as we all look hopefully to the future.
Last updated: 4/29/20